Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids!



Yes here's me dressed up for Jo's annual fancy dress party! I'm Velma from Scooby Doo and Lee's a scary dude from Clockwork Orange. As if you needed telling! I'm typing this rather slowly, as I'm so sleepy today but it was well worth it. I won a jar of peanut butter and a mood necklace in the crap tombola draw (crap being Jo's word, not mine - I'm delighted with my prizes...). We had a great laugh, I solved some mysteries, Lee didn't attack strangers with a giant penis (see the film, it's a tour de force) chatted inanely to folk and giggled at some funny outfits.
My alltime favourite fancy dress costume has got to be a little girl that turned up at my nephew's birthday/Halloween party. She was wearing a fairy princess costume and had fake blood spattered about. We asked who she was, "Princess Diana, after the car crash." she whispered sweetly. Ah the walking wounded are so witty!

But back to the peanut butter; winning my prize reminded me of a strange phobia that I'd read about last week - arachibutyrophobia - fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. And I'm not laughing, it's kind of icky when peanut butter clogs up your speech ability. Or is that just me worried about not being able to talk for even one second?

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

You looked marvellous! So did Lee!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Miso Funky Market