Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Insy winsy spider


Insy winsy spider is not climbing up the drainpipe. No, he is currently undertaking an army invasion on my house. It must be the September weather - cold and damp - making the HUGE spiders decide to come inside and warm themselves by my Freeview box. I don't know why, but these spiders seem to love lurking around the Freeview box. BBC Four is a fantastic cultural channel, perhaps it attracts the beasties... Anyway, I am sick chasing them with my baseball boots around the house. Last night Lee could not believe how much my heart was racing - not at or with Lee - but on the assassination of the said spider. Yes children, an animal was harmed in the writing of this blog. Ever watched the film Leon? I am the hitman of the spider world. Splat.

I decided not to place a scary picture of a large hairy spider, so instead here's a romper suit I embroidered for my lovely niece Sophie. Afterall, poodles may bite, but spiders always scuttle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

we too have the huge scary spiders in situ at the moment - the size of a tractor wheel!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

what has happened with these plate-sized beasts in Glasgow.

Just last night the boy placed a glass over one and called the cat for a wee evening snack ... stupid cat dropped spider out of mouth and lost interest.

Stand on chair staring wide-eyed all over bedroom and refuse to turn off lights & go to bed lest it crawl into my mouth ...

humpf!
Elaine x

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I was doing the ironing the other night (yes... shoot me) and a spider of fictional proportions was climbing UP the wall!! a la spiderman... they are an enigma those spidery creatures.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Miso Funky Market