Thursday, February 15, 2007

Play it again


I had a good old jaunt to Byres Road yesterday. I paid my deposit for the wedding florist who is going to create a cracking display - I can just tell. (I'm getting very excited!) Right next door to the flower shop is the fantastic Oxfam record shop. Full of bargain vinyl; I cannot resist. I found Glen Campbell's greatest hits and the fabulous Frankie by Sister Sledge. For some reason Frankie reminds me of listening to Radio 2 on a grey winters morning, eating Ready Brek before going to school. Having grown up listening to Radio 2, mainly whilst eating breakfast or baking with my mother; I am rather fond of the station's older shows. I was listening to Desmond Carrington on Radio 2 the other night (he has an amazing voice!) and found him playing some rather wonderful French music. Tout Le Jour, Toute LA Nuit by Patrick Bruel (great album cover) and the easy listening classic - Chanson D'Amour by Manhattan Transfer (sing along - 'ratatata') Perfect as I drove to my friend's house. I was singing away quite happily.

But to get back to my vinyl. I am obsessed with Glen Campbell's song Wichita Lineman. I am now playing that song over and over again. Something about the tone of his voice and the longing in the lyrics makes me race over and replace the needle onto the same song again and again. I thought it would have made the perfect love song for Brokeback Mountain. But anyway, for the moment, I am going to run back to the living room and replay it one more time.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ciara said...

and the Witcheta line man is still on the liiiiiiinnnneeee.
A cracker indeed.

-C

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just adore music.. All kinds.. okay let's go get re-acquainted with Glenn Campbell.......Off I go! Have a lovely day sweet girl.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Miso Funky Market