Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Vintage inspiration


I've been given some lovely vintage gifts this week. My friend Rae gave me the Be-Ro Home Recipes book - a book still available in 'new' format from Be-Ro today. She was given it by one of her clients who sadly passed away. She thought I'd make good use of it and enjoy baking the recipes. I'm delighted as I've not got a basic recipe book with traditional staple baking in it.







I also received this fab hat from Lee - it's so cute. Rae pointed out that it resembles something Miss Marple would wear (never a bad thing) but sadly it doesn't fit my big heid. I am disappointed and wonder who on earth ever squeezed their noggin into it!

My final find of the week is an apron belonging to my mother. She must have left it here sometime ago, it was hiding in my towel drawer. It is a cute vintage shape and I must copy to the pattern to make my own. Recently my Mum was complaining that these types of aprons are so hard to find and she like half-aprons like this. I saw ones in a vintage shop but at £8 a go I gave it a miss.

I'm rather pleased with the way these photos have turned out, it's the first time I've used my new mobile phone to take pictures. Fiona and I had a rare time on Sunday night playing with Bluetooth - first time either of us had tried it (technophobes!). We sat in a restaurant in Xscape eating away and trying to send each other old photos. Fiona narrowly escaped sending a photo of me dressed as Velma from Scooby-Doo to some random person. We never realised that Bluetooth allows you to connect to complete strangers. We were rather spooked to find that someone in the crowded restaurant had named their phone Negro Hunter. It was so creepy and at this point we decided to switch our phones off and order dessert. After that we needed a sweet taste in our mouths.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

You took those with your phone. Wow!!!!Great phone, great camera... You must find a way to get that noggin in that hat!!!!!!!! It is so cute!!! And, keep your mum's apron - it is fab.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

My granny used to always wear half aprons exactly like that one. Some she made herself.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Miso Funky Market